Kenyan Visa for British Citizens
British citizens need to apply for a visa before travelling to Kenya. It is a mandatory requirement for all British passport holders. Fortunately, the process of applying for and obtaining a visa has become incredibly fast-tracked, convenient, and hassle-free with the introduction of an online/electronic visa application process.
Within less than one 5-10 min, British citizens can complete the Kenya visa application form, fill in the required personal, passport-related data, travel itinerary, submit digital copies of necessary documents, and pay the visa fees. That’s it. All you need to do after pressing the submit button is waiting for a response from the embassy. If there is no discrepancy detected in the information between the passport and the application, you will receive the e-Visa directly in your email inbox.
What is the e-Visa Processing Time and Validity?
If your e-Visa application is approved, you can stay in Kenya for a maximum duration of 90 days. Generally, all visa applications from British citizens are processed within 24 to 72 hours max. If there is a delay due to any reason, the petitioner will be duly notified by the authorities.
Kenya Electronic Visa Requirements for British Passport Holders
The Kenyan Government has set very flexible eligibility criteria for British travellers to apply for an e-Visa. Only a handful of documents are required, which you can quickly provide when submitting the online visa application form.
Check Out the List of Documents Required to Apply for a Kenya e-Visa
- A valid British passport with a minimum of six months left in its expiration, starting from the arrival date in Kenya. The passport needs to have at least one blank page.
- A recent, coloured, digital, passport-size photograph.
- Details of travel plans, including sites or cities they want to visit, activities they want to take part in, and proof of hotel accommodation where they will stay throughout their trip to Kenya.
- An onward or return ticket to make sure the traveller will not overstay their visa.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the visa fees. This is another mandatory requirement as your visa application will not be processed unless you pay the fees.
Front Cover of British Passport:
Kenya eVisa Eligibility:
- British citizens can apply for a Kenya eVisa
- British citizens can enjoy fast entry using the Kenya eVisa program
- Here is information about Kenya Embassy in London United Kingdom
Online Visa Type:
Get your eVisa in 3 Easy Steps
Is It Possible to Use a Uk Emergency Travel Document to Enter Kenya?
Yes, it is possible to use UK Emergency Travel Documents to enter, exit, or airside transit from Kenya. However, it is essential for those travelling with an ETD to obtain an exit stamp from Kenyan immigration officials before leaving the country.
Kenya Health Entry Requirements for British Citizens
As a response measure to the COVID-19 pandemic, all British passport holders must present a Travelers Health Surveillance Form upon their arrival in Kenya.
Moreover, a yellow fever vaccination certificate should be presented if the traveller recently visited or transited from an at-risk region.
It is recommended to visit a health practitioner at least six to ten weeks before leaving Kenya to check out relevant vaccinations the traveller may need depending on their medical history and current situation.
Can Britishers Get a Kenyan Visa on Arrival from the UK?
It is not possible to get a visa on arrival. This facility was discontinued in January 2021. Now all foreigners, including Brits, should obtain a Kenya visa online before travelling to Kenya.
Can I Apply for Visa Extension?
If you want to extend your stay in Kenya beyond the allotted 90-days max limit, you should apply in person at the Immigration Headquarters, Nairobi. You cannot apply for a visa extension from outside of Kenya. Visa extension is granted for 90 days, and the traveller can stay in Kenya for 90 more days.