Kenya Visa for Greece
The Kenyan eVisa is a convenient and efficient online visa application system that allows Greek citizens to obtain permission to travel to Kenya. With a simple application process, travelers can apply for their visa from the comfort of their own homes, avoiding the need to visit an embassy or consulate. The eVisa ensures a smooth entry into Kenya, making it an ideal choice for Greek travelers.
Do Greece Need a Visa for Kenya?
Yes, citizens of Greece are required to obtain a visa in order to travel to Kenya. However, they have the option to apply for the Kenyan eVisa, which is an electronic visa system introduced by the Kenyan government to simplify the visa application process for eligible travelers.
What Is the Kenyan eVisa for Greece and Who Needs it?
The Kenyan eVisa for Greece is a digital travel authorization that allows Greek citizens to enter Kenya for various purposes, such as tourism, business, or medical visits. It serves as a replacement for the traditional visa sticker or stamp that was previously issued on arrival or at Kenyan embassies/consulates.
The eVisa is mandatory for all Greek passport holders traveling to Kenya, regardless of their age, and is required for both single-entry and multiple-entry visits.
Why do you need a Kenya eVisa from Greece?
Applying for the Kenyan eVisa from Greece offers several advantages. Firstly, it simplifies the Kenya visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate in person. Instead, travelers can apply online from the comfort of their own homes.
Additionally, the eVisa saves time and reduces waiting periods at the port of entry. With the eVisa, travelers can bypass long queues at the immigration counters as their visa information is already pre-screened. This ensures a smoother and more efficient entry process upon arrival in Kenya.
What are the types of eVisas to Kenya?
There are different types of eVisas available for travelers to Kenya, depending on the purpose of their visit:
- Single Entry Visa: This type of eVisa allows for a single entry into Kenya and permits a stay of up to 90 days.
- Transit Visa: The transit eVisa is suitable for travelers who are passing through Kenya to reach their final destination. It allows for a maximum stay of 72 hours.
- East Africa Tourist Visa: The East Africa Tourist Visa offers Irish visitors the opportunity to explore Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with a single visa. This convenient multi-entry visa allows for a 90-day period of travel within these three countries.
When applying for the Kenyan eVisa from Greece, applicants should select the appropriate visa type based on their travel plans.
eVisa for Kenya from Greece: Application Process
To apply for the Kenyan eVisa from Greece, travelers can follow these steps:
- Fill in the online Kenya visa application form with accurate and complete personal information.
- Upload the required documents, such as a scanned copy of the passport bio-page, a passport-size photo, and any supporting documents if applicable.
- Pay the visa processing fee using a valid credit or debit card.
- Submit the application and wait for the processing to be completed.
- Once the eVisa is approved, it will be sent to the applicant's registered email address. It is recommended to print a copy of the eVisa for presentation at the port of entry.
When should Greece travelers receive their online Kenya visa?
It is advisable for Greece travelers to apply for the Kenyan eVisa well in advance of their intended travel date. The processing time for the eVisa is typically within 1 to 4 working days, but it is recommended to apply at least one week before departure to allow for any unforeseen delays or additional processing requirements.
What Documents Do I Need to Apply for the Kenya eVisa from Greece?
If you are a Greek citizen planning to travel to Kenya, you will need to apply for a Kenyan eVisa before your trip. The eVisa allows you to enter Kenya for tourism, business, or medical purposes. To apply for the Kenya eVisa from Greece, you will need the following documents required for Kenya visa:
- Passport: You must have a valid Greek passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your intended stay in Kenya. The passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- Passport-Size Photo: You should have a recent passport-sized photograph in digital format to upload during the eVisa application process.
- Flight Itinerary: You will need to provide a copy of your confirmed round-trip flight itinerary or travel plans to and from Kenya.
- Proof of Accommodation: You must provide proof of accommodation in Kenya, such as hotel bookings, a letter of invitation from a host, or any other supporting documents.
Front Cover of Greece Passport:
Greece eVisa Eligibility:
- Greece citizens can apply for a kenya eVisa
- Greece citizens can enjoy fast entry using the kenya eVisa program
- Here is information about Greece Embassy in Kenya
Online Visa Type:
How to Travel from Greece with the Kenyan Online Visa
Once you have obtained your Kenyan eVisa, you can travel from Greece to Kenya. Here are some important points to consider:
- Flight: You can book a flight from Greece to Kenya. The major international airport in Kenya is Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, but there are also international airports in Mombasa and Kisumu.
- Entry Points: You can enter Kenya through various points of entry, including international airports, land borders, and seaports. Ensure that you have all the required travel documents with you when you arrive at the entry point.
- Immigration Process: Upon arrival in Kenya, you will go through immigration where you will need to present your passport with the eVisa. The immigration officers may also ask for your return ticket, proof of accommodation, and other supporting documents.
- Visa Validity: The Kenyan eVisa is generally valid for a single entry and allows you to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days. The validity period starts from the date of issuance.
- Visa Extension: If you wish to extend your stay beyond the initial 90 days, you can apply for a visa extension at the immigration offices in Kenya. It is recommended to apply for the extension well before your visa expires to avoid any complications.
Can Greece visitors ask for a Kenya eVisa extension?
Yes, visitors from Greece can request a Kenya visa extension for their Kenyan eVisa if they wish to stay in Kenya beyond the initial 90-day period. To apply for a visa extension, you will need to visit the immigration offices in Kenya and submit an application for an extension of stay. It is advisable to start the extension process well before your eVisa expires to allow for processing time. Please note that visa extensions are not guaranteed, and the decision lies with the immigration authorities.
Is a visa required for children to enter Kenya?
Yes, children traveling from Greece to Kenya will require a valid visa to enter the country. They should have their own individual eVisa. When applying for the eVisa for a child, you will need to provide their passport details and relevant information in the application form.
When it comes to children traveling to Kenya, the need for a visa depends on their age and nationality. Here's a breakdown of the requirements:
- Children aged 16 and under:
- They do not require a child visa for Kenya.
- They are allowed to enter the country without a valid visa.
- Children aged over 16:
- Anyone over the age of 16 follows the same visa guidelines as adults.
- The visa requirements for Kenya vary based on the individual's nationality.
Yes, Greek citizens require a visa to travel to Kenya.
Greek citizens need to apply for an eVisa to visit Kenya.
Greek citizens can apply for a Kenyan eVisa online through the official eVisa portal.
The required documents for a Kenyan eVisa application include a valid passport, a passport-size photo, proof of travel arrangements, and a copy of the applicant's travel itinerary.
The processing time for a Kenyan eVisa is typically within 2 to 5 business days, but it is advisable to apply well in advance of the intended travel date.
The Kenyan eVisa is typically valid for 90 days from the date of approval.
Yes, it is possible to extend a Kenyan eVisa, but the extension must be applied for in person at the Immigration Office in Kenya.
Greek citizens must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into Kenya. It is also recommended to have proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of the stay and a return or onward ticket.